Jack and Joan Hayden purchased the property in 1954. With little money but with much spirit and enthusiasm they remodelled the existing ice house into a double unit, hauled the boathouse up from the lake for a larger "deluxe" cabin, built one double unit, and rented our all possible rooms in the main house. The first year saw the accommodations gross a magnificent $700.00.
In 1960 the Haydens sold a parcel of land at the corner of the highway to William Swift and David Wainman to begin operation of a business to be known as Algonquin Outfitters.
In 1986, Scott Hayden and his wife Lynda assumed management of the resort, continuing the pattern of upgrading and improving facilities and amenities.